Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My MySpace Space

I’ve joined the MySpace Cult.

I noticed that a great many of my friends in the comics and conspiracy research communities are on MySpace, so I thought I’d give it a try.

You might well ask, “And if your friends all decided to jump off a mountain, would you do that too?”

No, I would not. This is not a mountain. This is MySpace. I’m a big boy. I can take care of myself. If I encounter any of those sexual predators on MySpace, I’ll know how to deal with them.

Anyway, the MySpace page has led to my getting back in touch with a few friends I hadn’t talked to in a while, so it’s been worthwhile.

It also led to making a couple of new acquaintances, one of whom is a young feller whose name happens to be Mack White. You can read his comments on my page.

It’s not the first time I’ve met another Mack White via the Internet. A year or so ago, an aspiring musician named Mack White wrote me. He had found about me when his girlfriend Googled his name and discovered my website. He said that after she saw all the weird comics and subversive political rantings, he had a lot of explaining to do.

Anyway, if you’re on MySpace and would like to join my list of friends or leave a comment, GO HERE