Sunday, June 17, 2007

Airline Pilots vs. the TSA

In the previous post, I mentioned the clown who wrote in his blog about the TSA confiscating his make-up. In the comments section of his blog, an American Airlines pilot wrote the following:

The TSA hassles us pilots too. I have a list of things that I *MUST* have with me to legally fly the airplane. Included in that list is a flashlight. We used to have large, nice, weather-resistant Mag-Lite lamps with the company logo on them. The TSA confiscates them as "potential weapons." I might use it to "take control of the aircraft." I AM A FREAKIN CAPTAIN, I AM ALREADY IN CONTROL OF THE DAMN AIRCRAFT! Of course, if I actually SAY that, I get labelled a "security risk" and lose my ratings. At least all they can take from you is your stuff - Those damn trolls can take away my CAREER with a few paper forms.

So there you have it. In the interest of air safety, the TSA routinely confiscates items needed by airline pilots for safety. Is it not fantastic? I do not know whether to laugh or cry.