Thursday, July 12, 2007

OUR FILM: Read All About It and See It Now


A couple of weeks ago I wrote about my participation in the 48-Hour Film Project, the international film competition that recently came to Austin. As I described, Austin Chronicle writer Josh Rosenblatt assembled a team of artists living in Austin--none of whom had much, if any, film experience--to see what would happen if we made a film for the competition. I was recruited to edit this film. (That's me on the left in the photo above, hard at work. Beside me is Thomas Turner of the band Ghostland Observatory. He composed the film's score.) The weekend's work resulted in a seven-minute film, "Vertical Miles," that was screened the following week at the Regal Arbor cinema in Austin. Also, throughout the weekend, Josh observed the process and took notes, then interviewed us, for an article that appeared today in the Austin Chronicle. You can read the article on-line at the Chronicle's website and see the film itself just by clicking HERE. I hope you'll check it out, and let me know what you think.